Thanks to funding from the California Library Services Act, the Library can purchase books or books-on-cd via Amazon.com and have them shipped to your home.
- You may request up to 3 (three) Zip Books per month through June 30, 2022.
- The title cannot be already owned by Monterey Public Library
- The title must be available on Amazon.com for less than $50
- You must have a Monterey Public Library or Pacific Grove Public Library card in good standing
- Requests for books in other languages, books on cd, or Playaways are welcome if they are available from Amazon. Out of print books may be requested if they meet the criteria. DVDs and eBooks are not available through the Zip Book program.
Staff will review requests within one week. If your Zip Book is approved, the order will be placed with Amazon and the item will be shipped to your home. We will email you when the order is placed or if we need to follow up on your request.
The Zip Book will then appear as an item checked out to your library account. Zip Books are due six weeks from the order date and are not renewable. If your Zip Book does not arrive in a few weeks, please contact us at email@example.com
Return your Zip Book to a Monterey Public Library staff member and tell them it was a Zip Book.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (831) 646-2093 with questions.
Due to the popularity of this program, we are currently out of grant funds. We expect to receive more funding soon, but don't yet have a date for when those funds will be received.