Maybe you or your neighbor has one, but now the Library does too! Anyone is welcome to take a free book home, no library card needed. Our Little Libraries are restocked by Library staff and volunteers, and were funded by the Friends of the Monterey Public Library. Three of them were built by local teen Shaan Patel and Boy Scout Troop (#43) as part of his Eagle Scout project in 2018.
Little Library Locations
- Spray Avenue Tot Lot (132 Spray Avenue)
- Casanova Oak Knoll Park Center (735 Ramona)
- Laguna Grande Park (parking lot across from 420 Virgin Avenue)
- Montecito Park/Fire Station #2 (205 Montecito Avenue)
- Via Paraiso Park (corner of Via Paraiso and Herrmann Drive, near the tennis courts)Maintained by the Monterey Public Library Friends and Foundation
- Dennis the Menace Playground (777 Pearl Street)Our newest Little Library has a living roof. It was designed and built by local school teacher Joey Silva.