Place a Hold
Placing a Hold
Holds are placed directly from the Library Catalog:
- With the item you are interested in displayed, click the "Place Hold" link, located on the right side of the page.
- If you are not already signed in, enter your card number and password in the boxes provided and click on the "Log in" button.
- Select the location where you would like to pick up the item by clicking on the drop box's black arrow and selecting the desired location.
- If you select the Bookmobile as your pickup location, you will need to click on "Show more options" and note the name of the stop you use in the "Hold Notes" box.
- You may optionally enter a date after which you no longer want the item.
- Click on the "Place Hold" button.
- The system will then confirm whether the hold has been placed.
Once you have entered your card number and password, you will be signed into your library account, eliminating the need to re-enter your information for subsequent holds during the current session. Click here to sign into your library account now
Items That are Not Checked Out
If you place a hold on an item that is not checked out, please be aware that there may be a delay in it becoming available to you ranging from a few hours to a few days, depending on where the item is located. If the item is checked out by another customer before it can be pulled for you from the shelf, you will be notified when it is available for you to pick up.