Ways to Get Help
|In-Person:||625 Pacific Street Monterey, CA 93940|
|By Phone:||(831) 646-3933|
Monterey Public Library offers reference and referral service for all your information needs. Librarians are here to assist you with your questions anytime the library is open - in person, on the phone, and by e-mail.
We do more than answer questions. We also find obituaries, locate materials from other libraries, assist you in using our databases, provide library tours and instructional sessions for groups, and make reading recommendations.
If we are unable to find an answer, we will refer you to somewhere that can. Contact us for help finding the information you need, or start your own search with our helpful guides below.
How to download digital books to your home computer
California History Room
Our local history collection
Historical Newspapers timeline
Identify which local papers were published and when
Civic Information Center
Search Other Libraries
Find books at other libraries
Made by librarians to help you explore different topics
MPL Subject Guides
- Business Resources - Resources on topics such as networking and start-ups, and advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Consumer Information - Sources you need to make solid purchasing decisions
- Genealogy - Search tips, find records, connect with researchers, and put it all together
- Jobs and Careers - Resources for job seekers and career changers
- Language-Learning Resources - Find tools to increase your fluency, help you start fresh, and build your skills.
- Legal Resources - Find laws, legal forms, lawyers, and more
- Senior Services - Services specifically geared towards older adults
- Travel - Travel resources for destinations near and far
View more results...
Guides for Teachers & Classes
If you're an educator, Monterey Public Library offers a variety of services to assist you with your work. Have an assignment coming up and want your students to successfully use the Library? Send us an assignment alert and we'll put together material you can pick up or direct your students to use. Would you like to bring your students to the Library on a field trip? Or bring a librarian to your classroom? Fill out a class visit request and we will set up a visit.
The links on these pages are to sites selected as particularly useful by the staff of the Monterey Public Library. However, the City of Monterey and the Monterey Public Library are not responsible for the content of sites which are maintained by other organizations. The content of those sites does not reflect the opinions, standards, policy or endorsement of the City of Monterey, its officials or its staff.