Board Policy 160: Library Volunteer Program
The Monterey Public Library maintains a volunteer program to conserve employee time for staff assignments, to enhance community understanding of and support for Library service, and to provide meaningful volunteer opportunities for community members. The Library seeks enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers who bring needed skills and abilities to the Library. The Library will make every effort to provide meaningful volunteer assignments which make use of volunteer talents, abilities, and interests.
Volunteer Assignments and Volunteer Position Descriptions
- Volunteer activities will supplement staff activities. Volunteers will not be assigned tasks which are essential to the operations of the Library, or which would result in significant program or service reductions when the volunteer is not available.
- Volunteers will not assume the primary duties of represented employee classifications.
- Volunteers will assist, support and work under the direction of regular Library staff on special projects or ongoing tasks which meet the requirements of this policy.
- The Library will maintain written descriptions for all volunteer positions. Volunteer position descriptions will include qualifications and examples of duties, and will be used as a basis for working with volunteers to develop assignments that meet the needs of the Library and the volunteer.
Expectations of Volunteers
- Volunteers must be at least 14 years old, except as part of an approved organized group or family volunteer project with adult supervision.
- All volunteers, and their guardians if under the age of 18, are required to sign the City of Monterey Volunteer Agreement. Some volunteer positions require background checks, fingerprinting, proof of insurance, etc. to meet legal and/or safety requirements.
- Because of the staff time required for training, volunteers are expected to make a time commitment based on their position. Ongoing positions typically require a minimum of two hours per week for three months or equivalent. Shorter-term volunteer positions may be approved by the Library Director or designated staff to meet Library needs and/or to coordinate with school or other community volunteer program requirements.
- Volunteers are asked to provide at least two weeks’ notice before leaving a volunteer position and to participate in an exit interview.
- The Library Director will designate staff to oversee the Library volunteer program, work with staff who provide direct supervision to volunteers, coordinate with the City of Monterey volunteer program, and establish procedures to ensure that this policy is implemented.
- Managers will assign one or more regular staff members to train, supervise, and evaluate volunteers in their program areas. Volunteer supervisors will communicate regularly with volunteers and the designated volunteer program coordinator to ensure that each assignment meets the needs of the volunteer and the Library and that effective procedures are developed and implemented.
- The City of Monterey maintains an excess supplemental insurance policy to pay volunteers for expenses incurred if they are injured during volunteer work time. The volunteer’s own insurance is primary whereas the City’s insurance is secondary.
- In most cases, the Library does not reimburse volunteers for travel, travel time, or any other expenses related to their volunteer service. Exceptions to this policy must be approved in advance by the Library Director. The Library may provide volunteers with Library parking passes and/or similar resources to support their volunteer service.
- The Library Director in consultation with the Manager and other designated staff may reassign or terminate any volunteer at any time to meet Library service needs.
|Approved:||May 26, 1993|
|Revised:||October 28, 2009|