ALSO refer to our COVID-19 page ON HAVE YOUR SAY MONTEREY:
and subscribe to weekly email updates - sign up for City Focus.
City of Monterey Emergency Operations Center:
The Emergency Operations Center has continuously been activated since March 18, 2020 - helping the community with resources and information they need to stay healthy and aware of the pandemic situation.
NEWS THIS WEEK
- November 9, 2022: COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics at El Estero Park Center, Nov. 19 or Dec. 17
- COVID-19 Vaccine Booster (Oct 2022) Questions & Answers from the California Department of Public Health
- October 18, 2022: Statement from County of Monterey Chief Administrative Officer, Charles McKee Regarding End to State of Emergency
- Friday, November 4, Vaccination Clinic at Monterey Fire Station #14, 401 Dela Vina Avenue, from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Registration Link
- Week of Sep. 26, 2022: As of September 30, 2022, Monterey County Health Department recommends that Monterey County employers, residents and visitors refer to the most recent CDPH guidance regarding use of face masks - see the Community Level chart on this page. To check the current level of transmission, refer to https://cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/covid-by-county.html
- Week of Sep. 5, 2022: Omicron boosters: Do I need one, and if so, when?
- Week of May 9, 2022: Bay Area Health Officers Urge Public to Take Precautions as COVID Levels Rise | Test sites
- Week of April 10, 2022: Covid-19 Budget FAQ
- Week of April 3, 2022:Quarantine and Isolation Calculator - A tool to help determine how long you need to isolate, quarantine, or take other steps to prevent spreading COVID-19.
- Week of March 28, 2022: On March 29 the CDC updated COVID-19 booster shot guidance for several groups. The CDC updated its recommendations to allow certain immunocompromised individuals and people over the age of 50 who received an initial booster dose at least four months ago to be eligible for another mRNA booster to increase their protection against severe disease from COVID-19. For those who qualify and had the JJ vaccine, they can get a Moderna or Pfizer booster. Also see the California SMARTER Plan - we still may have additional surges of positive cases due to subvariants of the virus. We are not yet at an endemic phase.
- Week of March 7, 2022: The U.S. government is offering additional free COVID-19 at-home test kits. Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order two sets of four free at-home COVID-19 tests. If you already ordered your first set, you can now order a second set. Order test kits https://covidtests.gov
- New mask guidance as of March 1, 2022
- Grants issued by the City of Monterey for the Local Economic Stimulus Plan, Apr 2020 through Feb 2021 - SEE INTERACTIVE MAP BELOW
Local testing sites
- Virus Geeks testing facilities:
Portola Plaza Hotel and Spa, Tue – Sat, 7am – 4 pm
- Other locations
links to quick information you need
- Monterey County COVID-19 Daily Data
- COVID-19 Exposure, Frequently Asked Questions
- Subscribe to the City Focus Newsletter and receive weekly COVID-19 weekly email updates
- Latest numbers and information from Montage Health/Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
- All about vaccines and getting vaccinated
- All about testing
A few of the 300+ Archived Emails - To subscribe see form at left