Monterey Fire is hosting a vaccination clinic on Tuesday, February 8, 2022 from 2 to 6 pm at the Monterey Conference Center. The clinic will have all three vaccines available and we can administer initial, second, and booster doses as needed. Here are the details:
- We will only be able to administer vaccine to those that are 12 or older; those under 18 will have to have a parent or guardian with them to sign a consent form.
- People are eligible for a booster if it has been at least 5 months since their second dose of Pfizer or Moderna or two months since their single dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- NEW GUIDELINE AS OF JAN. 28, 2022: People can now get their booster after having had COVID as soon as 5 days if they are symptom free and test negative. They no longer need to wait 90 days. If they have had monoclonal antibody treatment for their COVID, they do need to wait longer based on what their physician recommends.
- People coming in for a booster dose should bring their original vaccine record so we can update the card; this is not a requirement as we can issue a new card for the booster.
- When signing up for the clinic, people should select "No Insurance" when asked as we do not need that information.
- While we prefer to have people pre-register, walk-ins are welcome.
- The link to sign up for the clinic: My Turn - Select Appointment (ca.gov)