Via Zip Books, the Library can purchase books or books-on-cd via Amazon.com and have them shipped to your home. Zip Books is supported in whole by funding provided by the State of California, administered by the California State Library.
Information about the Zip Book program:
- You may request up to 1 (one) Zip Book per month through June 30, 2024 or until funds run out. To request a new item, you must return your current Zip Book.
- The title cannot be already owned by Monterey Public Library
- The title must be available and fulfilled through Amazon.com for less than $50 (no pre-orders and no 3rd party sellers)
- You must have a Monterey Public Library or Pacific Grove Public Library card in good standing
- Your mailing address must be current and match the contact information in your library card account.
- Requests for books in other languages, books on CD, or Playaways are welcome if they are available from Amazon. Out of print books may be requested if they meet the criteria. DVDs, eBooks, and used books are not available through the Zip Book program.
Staff will review requests within one week. If your Zip Book is approved, the order will be placed with Amazon and the item will be shipped to your home. We will email you when the order is placed or if we need to follow up on your request.
The Zip Book will then appear as an item checked out to your library account. Zip Books are due six weeks from the order date. If your Zip Book does not arrive in a few weeks, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Return your Zip Book to a Monterey Public Library staff member and tell them it was a Zip Book.
Please contact email@example.com or call (831) 646-3740 with questions.
To request a Zip Book, please fill out the form below: