- Monterey Public Library cards are free to residents of the State of California.
- Non-California residents may purchase a library card for $10 per month.
- Library card applications for customers under age 14 must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Apply for a Card Now
Verification of Address
When applying for a library card, or if you are renewing or replacing your card, please bring with you verification of your address. Any of the following documents can be used to verify your address:
- A valid DMV driver's license, learner's permit or ID.
- A piece of mail with your name and address, postmarked within the past 3 months.
- A utility bill showing service in your name at your address within the past 3 months.
- A rent receipt with your address dated within the past 3 months.
- A rental or lease agreement dated within the past 3 months or within period of lease.
- Imprinted bank checks.
In order to help keep the information on library accounts up-to-date, library cards need to be renewed periodically. You can find out your renewal date by asking at the Library Help Desk or Bookmobile.
Renewing your card is easy: you need only re-verify your address with any one of the forms of verification listed on this page (Non-California residents will need to pay the $10.00 monthly fee). There are no forms to fill out, however you will need to renew your card in person at the Library Help Desk or on the Bookmobile.
Replacing a Card
Lost library cards and cards which have become worn or unreadable through use may be replaced at no charge.
You need only show identification and re-verify your address with any one of the forms of verification listed on this page. There are no forms to fill out, however you will need to request a replacement card in person at the Library Help Desk or on the Bookmobile.
FAQs about Passwords