Connect with Us!
Connect with the City of Monterey Human Resources Department on Facebook and LinkedIn @CityofMonterey to learn about career opportunities, organizational announcements, and our municipal services.
RECEIVE JOB ALERTS
Interested in working for the City of Monterey? Sign up to receive emails of new job openings in your areas of interest.
The City of Monterey Human Resources Department provides services and information in the areas listed below:
- Classification and Compensation - to maintain job performance standards and review compensation.
- Employee Benefits - to evaluate, recommend, manage and administer employee benefits programs.
- Employee Relations - to meet and confer/negotiate for compensation.
- Recruitment and Selection - to identify and select for employment qualified candidates using the merit system.
- Training - to maintain and develop employee skills and state-mandated safety training.
- Volunteer Services - The Volunteer Program connects the public to the City of Monterey through active volunteer participation with City programs and projects, resulting in a strong partnership between the community and the City to support a safe and enriched quality of life for everyone.