Receive job alerts!
The City of Monterey offers an abundance of job opportunities across eleven different city departments. Visit the link below for the various job categories that the city offers.
Connect with us!
Connect with the City of Monterey Human Resources Department on Facebook and LinkedIn @CityofMonterey to learn about career opportunities, organizational announcements, and our municipal services. City of Monterey Human Resources Mission: "We strive to educate and support all employees and departments so that they are empowered to fulfill the City's mission."
The City of Monterey Human Resources Department provides services and information in the areas listed below:
- Classification and Compensation - to maintain job performance standards and review compensation.
- Employee Benefits - to evaluate, recommend, manage and administer employee benefits programs.
- Employee Relations - to meet and confer/negotiate for compensation.
- Recruitment and Selection - to identify and select for employment qualified candidates using the merit system.
- Training - to maintain and develop employee skills and state-mandated safety training.
- Volunteer Services - The Volunteer Program connects the public to the City of Monterey through active volunteer participation with City programs and projects, resulting in a strong partnership between the community and the City to support a safe and enriched quality of life for everyone.
- Risk Management topics and claim forms are housed in the Finance Department.