Other duties of the Traffic Engineering section include: the management of our Traffic Signal Operations Management System with an advanced communications network that links traffic signals and detection cameras for vehicles and bikes; evaluation of development proposals to determine their impacts to traffic and transportation; review of traffic control plans for Construction and Special Events; coordination with Caltrans, Transportation Agency for Monterey County and other local agencies on regional transportation efforts; grant procurement; and management of transportation infrastructure projects.
- Submitting a Traffic Control Plan? Here's a speed limit map that may be helpful.
- Transportation Permit Form - Save the form to your computer, enter the data, save, and email as an attachment to: email@example.com - Please note: There is a minimum 2 business day turn around time for issuing permits.
- Truck Route Street Classifications Map - If you are applying for an Encroachment Permit and you need to submit a Traffic Control Plan, you may use our Traffic Control Plan Guidelines for your reference.
Some projects (in bold) are available on the City's engagement portal, Have Your Say Monterey, at haveyoursaymonterey.org
- North Fremont Bike and Pedestrian Safety and Access Project
- North Fremont Gap Closure Project
- Del Monte and Casa Verde Recreational Trail Crossing Intersection Improvement Project
- Multi-Modal Plan Update
- Wayfinding Sign Program Phase II - pages coming soon
- Vision Zero OTS Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Grant
- Arterial Network Adaptive Signal System
- Traffic System, Pedestrian and Bike Upgrades Citywide
Who to Call
- Within the City of Monterey - Fees for Services
- For parking enforcement contact the Parking Division, (831) 646-3953
- For traffic speed enforcement contact the Police Department, (831) 646-3818
- For traffic light maintenance issues contact the Streets Division, (831) 646-3927
- Or submit an online service request
Agencies outside the City
|Bus service - Contact MST at: www.mst.org (831) 424-7695|
|Maintenance or vegetation on Hwy 1 or Hwy 68 and traffic signals at Hwy 218/Fremont, Fremont/Aguajito, Aguajito/Mark Thomas
Submit Customer Service Request:
Caltrans Road Conditions
|Enforcement on Hwy 1 or Hwy 68
(800) TELL CHP (non-emergency)
|Regional transportation planning