Please see the Topics in Focus and Current Initiatives web pages for the latest projects in the queue. Many of these topics link to our engagement portal, Have Your Say Monterey, so you can participate in the process! Thank you for your interest and your engagement to help us continue to improve the quality of life in Monterey!
Latest Planning News
- Planning Manager Recruitment - The City of Monterey is hiring a Planning Manager! Be a part of a dynamic Planning team and help California's first city develop and sharpen a variety of planning tools to help clarify land use regulations, stimulate economic development, and ensure preservation of the City's neighborhood character and historic resources. Apply by March 6, 2023!
- Laguna Grande Trail and Vegetation Maintenance Strategy; responses accepted through February 17, 2023
- Notice of Intent - Posted January 18, 2023
- Mitigated Negative Declaration (ISMND) - Posted January 18, 2023
- ISMND Appendix A - Posted January 18, 2023
- ISMND Appendix B - Posted January 18, 2023
- ISMND Appendix C - Posted January 18, 2023
- North Fremont Street Sidewalk Gap Closure Project; responses accepted through January 23, 2023
- Mitigated Negative Declaration - Posted December 22, 2022
- Notice of Intent - Posted December 22, 2022
2101 North Fremont Street Hotel Project - responses accepted through July 25, 2022
- Notice of Preparation of an Environmental Impact Report - Posted June 24, 2022
- Economic Development Subsidy Report - Final - Posted May 06, 2022
- Local Coastal Program
- Free 2-Gallon Household Composting Pails Available for Pickup!
- Please pick up yours at 570 Pacific Street
- Open Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, closed for lunch 12-1pm
- Wireless Applications in Progress
- Please join us for an opportunity to review the draft Monterey Regional Compatible Use Study
- The public is invited to attend and provide input regarding the Monterey Regional Compatible Use Study. The purpose of the Compatible Use Study is to identify and assess compatibility issues between military facilities in our City and County. Public input may be submitted live at each meeting or through the website noted below until November 30, 2022.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS AND INFORMATION ABOUT THE STUDY:
- NORTH COUNTY DISCUSSION RECORDINGS:
SOUTH COUNTY DISCUSSION RECORDINGS: