The Community Development Department includes the following offices:
- Housing Programs Office develops and administers a variety of housing programs and policies that seek to enhance the available housing opportunities and fulfill the community service needs of low, moderate and workforce-income households and other special needs populations including disabled persons, senior citizens, and persons experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
- Leasing and Property Management Office is responsible for the administration and management of city-owned properties.
- Building and Safety & Services Office reviews plans, issues permits and inspects all phases of construction for compliance with applicable local and State codes.
- Planning Office works diligently to process development applications and is constantly developing and sharpening a variety of planning tools to help clarify land use regulations, stimulate economic development, and ensure preservation of the City's neighborhood character and historic resources.
- Sustainability Office works to reduce the city’s carbon footprint and move towards zero waste generation.
Kimberly Cole, AICP
Community Development Director
City of Monterey
PLANNING, HOUSING PROGRAMS, and the SUSTAINABILITY Offices
570 Pacific Street
BUILDING AND SAFETY SERVICES
580 Pacific Street, Room 4
LEASING AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
526 Pierce Street