The City Clerk’s Office is often the first point of contact at City Hall, and our goal is to make City government transparent and easy for the public to navigate.
The City Clerk’s official duties include administration of City Council meetings and legislation; boards, committees, and commissions; elections and campaign reporting; and public records management. For more information on the City Clerk profession, see the International Institute of Municipal Clerks (IIMC) and the City Clerks Association of California (CCAC).
Meeting Instructions - How to Use ZoomGov Webinar to Participate in Public Meetings (PDF)
YOUR CITY GOVERNMENT: GET INFORMED AND INVOLVED!
- About the Monterey City Council
- About Monterey's Boards, Commissions and Committees
- City Code and Charter
- Resolutions, Ordinances, and Minutes
- Elections and Campaign Information
- FPPC Form 700 (Statement of Economic Interests) and the Conflict of Interest Code
- Public Records Act Requests
- Written requests for documents made under the California Public Records Act using the Public Records Request Form may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the City Clerk's Office, Attn: Records., 580 Pacific St., Monterey, CA 93940. You may also phone (831) 646-3935.
- Records Retention Schedule
- County of Monterey (external link)- for vital records, marriage licenses, birth and death certificates, etc.
- Senate and Legislative Districts
Public Records Requests
City resolutions, ordinances, and minutes are available online and may be searched on I-SEARCH Monterey.
Requests for documents made under the California Public Records Act can be made by phone at (831) 646-3935 or in writing using the online form and directed to the City Clerk's Office using the contact information below.
Fill out the Public Records Request Form and email or mail to:
City Clerk's Office Attn: Records
580 Pacific St.
Monterey, CA 93940
Voice: (831) 646-3935
The City of Monterey is committed to including the disabled in all of its services, programs and activities. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in a meeting, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at (831) 646-3935. Notification 30 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting [28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II]. Later requests will be accommodated to the extent feasible.
For communication-related assistance, dial 711 to use the California Relay Service (CRS) to speak to City offices. CRS offers free text-to-speech, speech-to-speech, and Spanish-language services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you require a hearing amplification device to attend a meeting, dial 711 to use CRS to talk to the City Clerk's Office at (831) 646-3935 to coordinate use of a device.