On this page you will find information on the following subjects:
More information on the City's districts for City Councilmember seats.
- Access the City of Monterey's Public Portal for Campaign Financial Disclosure for campaign finance forms filed by candidates and committees. (Gov. Code 84616)
- Filing schedule for 2022 for City of Monterey candidates and controlled committees for local office who will be voted upon at the November 8, 2022 ballot.
- Filing schedule for 2022 for City of Monterey officeholders not being voted upon at the November 8, 2022 ballot.
- The City of Monterey's Campaign Finance Reform regulations are found in Sec. 2-1.05 of the Monterey City Code.
|MCC Section 2-1.05(c)(1):
Contribution by person or committee
|MCC Section 2-1.05(c)(5):
|Nov. 14, 2019 - June 30, 2021
|Effective July 1, 2021
3.8 % CPI Increase*
SF Area April 2021 (PDF)
* Consumer Price Index (BLS.gov) increase applied pursuant to Monterey City Code Sec. 2-1.05(c)(6).
You may register to vote online at the Secretary of State's voter registration website. Paper voter registration forms can be requested by calling Monterey County Elections at (831) 796-1499.
Check your voter registration status online at the Secretary of State's voter registration status website, or by calling Monterey County Elections at (831) 796-1499.
No private party signs may be mounted, erected, maintained, or displayed on City of Monterey property or in the right-of-way except as authorized in Table 31-1 of Chapter 31 of the Monterey City Code. For regulations regarding temporary private party ground-mounted signs, please refer to Chapter 31 of Monterey City Code.
Sign Questions? Contact City of Monterey Planning Dept.: (831) 646-3885
External Links and Resources
- City of Monterey
- Calif. Secretary of State
- Monterey County Elections Department
- Fair Political Practices Commission ("FPPC")
- Voter's Edge - a comprehensive, nonpartisan online guide to elections covering federal, state, and local races in the state of California