Now hiring certified Group Exercise Instructors. Competitive pay and flexible hours! Apply today
It is our mission at the Monterey Sports Center to offer quality, comprehensive group exercise classes that serve our entire, diverse community! All drop-in classes listed on the schedule below are included with admission and memberships. Registration is not required. We offer over 50 classes a week including Cycling, Cycle & Sculpt, BOSU: HIIT & Core, Step & Core, Step, Sculpt & Core, Zumba, Healthy Start, Bone Builder, Yoga, Yoga Core, Yoga Stretch, Therapeutic Yoga, Mindful Yoga, Functional Yoga, Yoga Slow Flow, Pilates Stretch, Pilates Mat, Core Express, Zumba, Functional Strength, Barre Sculpt, Sculpt Express, Kettlebell Workout, Aqua Splash, H20 Workout and Deep Water Workout. We offer StagesStudio Cycling in all of our group cycling classes; a power based program that is individually tailored to each participant, no matter their level, to workout at their own optimal training zone in a group setting. Train with POWER at the Monterey Sports Center! Sign up to create a free Studio Stages account today. We follow Monterey County and California public health experts and adapt as needed as new information and forecasts are determined. Thank you for your support, energy and participation!
Group Exercise Schedule effective June 6, 2022
CLASS POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- For ages 13 years and older.
- Registration is not required. First come, first served. Saving bikes or equipment for others is not permitted.
- Face coverings are strongly recommended during indoor studio classes regardless of vaccination status.
- No mats are provided at this time. Please bring a personal mat, towel and water.
- Please use hand sanitizer provided before touching equipment and clean equipment used after class.
- Schedule may be modified due to holiday, seasonal demand instructor availability.
additional group exercise programs (registration required)
T'AI CHI WITH HARRIET
Register online with activity #42040
Class meets Thursday from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM in Studio 1. Four weekly classes per session.
Studies have linked many health benefits to T'ai Chi including:
- Neck, back, arthritis and fibromyalgia pain relief
- Less stress and anxiety
- Reduced depression and cognitive decline
- Better heart health and blood pressure
- Increased strength and flexibility
- Improved balance and coordination