Activities & Registration
News and Activities
- Youth Basketball League (6 - 13 years, All Levels):
The Youth Basketball League is BACK, December 10th - February 26th! December 10th and 11th are evaluation days for team placement. League practices start the week of January 2nd. League games start January 7th and run through February 26th. View the league schedule for specified days and times. To register online, keyword search "basketball" on the registration page and register in the appropriate age group. Face coverings are strongly recommended for all persons regardless of vaccination status during all indoor activities. Volunteers and Sponsors needed! If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out this volunteer form and return to Ryan Nunez at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off in person at the sports center.
- Winter Sports Camp, December 19th - December 30th Over 20 fun activities throughout the week for ages 6-12 years. Swimming, basketball and more! Two one-week sessions. Face coverings are strongly recommended for all persons regardless of vaccination status during all indoor activities. Register online with Activity #43055.
- Teen Work Experience, December 19th - December 30th For ages 13-16 years. Two one-week sessions. Face coverings are strongly recommended for all persons regardless of vaccination status during all indoor activities. Register online with Activity #43061.
- Ugly Sweater Ride, Friday December 23rd, 9:15 - 10:45am Join Marcia, Kadria and Margaret for this festive ride! Registration NOT required. Free admission for members, nonmembers pay daily admission.
GROUP EXERCISE SCHEDULE
No registration required! Included with admission and membership.
- Register online or walk-in for all Monterey Sports Center programs. No mail-in or fax-in registration accepted.
- Registration Forms/Waivers
A completed registration form or online registration with the liability waiver signed by EACH registering adult or the parent or guardian of a minor must be included with each registration. Incomplete forms cannot be processed. City of Monterey Recreation Programs Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement eff. 06/01/2022
- Age level or grade level indicates the participant must be that age or grade by the first day of class.
- Parents must register their children under 18 years of age.
- Forms are available in Adobe Acrobat PDF file format.
- Activities and classes are limited in size. Registration will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
- For each session, you must register and pay prior to the date class begins.
- Registering and paying for one session does not guarantee enrollment in subsequent sessions. You may register and pay for one session or all sessions.
*The City designates 5%of Parks and Recreation fees for the purpose of Parks and Recreation Facility Maintenance and Improvement.
- Full payment of program fees must be provided at time of registration.
- If you are not a Monterey City Resident, please pay the full program fee. Monterey City Residents receive discounted rates.
- Failure to pay the full program fee will void your registration.
- Make all checks payable to: City of Monterey; No post-dated checks will be accepted. MasterCard, Visa, and Discover Card accepted for registration.
- Monterey Residents receive discounted rates. Monterey residents are those who live within the city limits of Monterey. (Owning business/rental property in the City of Monterey does not qualify as Monterey residency. Del Rey Oaks and certain areas off of Highway 68 are not within the city limits of Monterey).
- Proof of Monterey residency is needed to qualify for discounted fee. All first-time registrants and current customers who have a new Monterey address must submit proof of residency along with their registration form. If your driver's license does not have a Monterey address, a Monterey utility bill, phone bill, or lease agreement plus photo ID is acceptable.
- Refunds given if requested before the class begins. A 25% service charge will be assessed.
- No refunds given after class begins.
- Full refunds are given if Monterey Recreation cancels an activity.
- Transfers must be requested prior to the first class, provided space is available. A $2 fee will be charged for each transfer.
- Classes are not pro-rated.
- Refunds are not given in cash. The City will issue a check. Please allow 2-4 weeks for the refund to reach you.
- All activities, dates, and fees subject to change.