Monterey Skate Park
(831) 646-3866 firstname.lastname@example.org 970 Pearl Street, Monterey, CA93940 https://monterey.org/parks
Skateboarders and in-line skaters, come on down! The Monterey Skate Park features fun and exciting elements that will challenge skaters of all skills and abilities. Located along Lake El Estero, behind Sollecito Ballpark and Dennis the Menace Park, the park is open daily from 9 a.m. until dusk.
The park was built with funds from the City’s Neighborhood Improvement Program (NIP), which directs tourist-generated tax dollars directly into the City’s residential neighborhoods. More than 40 local skaters and youth participated in the design, development and construction process. The park was renovated and expanded in 2016.
COME HAVE FUN WHILE FOLLOWING THESE RULES:
- The skateboard park is not supervised. Skaters under 8 years of age must be accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years. Skaters assume all risks associated with the use of the park.
- All skaters must wear the appropriate safety gear which includes: helmet, knee pads, elbow pads and hand/wrist guards. All skateboards and in-line skates must be in good working order.
- Due to safety concerns, spectators who are not skating may not enter the park. Spectators must remain outside the fence.
- All forms of graffiti, tagging, or other means of defacing City property, are strictly prohibited. Such activity may result in temporary closure and possible prosecution of the responsible parties.
- Do not use the park if a hazardous condition exists. Report any damage or hazardous conditions to the Parks Division at (831) 646-3860.
- The use of amplified music is prohibited.
- The use of profanity is prohibited.
- All bikes (including BMX) are prohibited in the facility.
- All food and drink are prohibited in the facility. Food and drink may be consumed outside the fenced area. Please use trash containers to keep your park clean and safe.
- No alcoholic beverages and no smoking are allowed in or around the facility.
- No animals are allowed inside the fenced area of the facility.
- Respect of the safety and rights of others to use the facility must be shown.
- Hours of operation are from 9:00 a.m. to dusk, unless otherwise posted.
- Violation of the rules may result in a citation, probation from use of the park, or both.