Healthy Eating Active Living City
The Monterey Model
Citizen Comment Form
Visit montereyconferencecenter.com to learn more about weddings and special events.
City Budget News
Communications and Outreach
Also on I-SEARCH Monterey
Fiscal Health Response Plan
Fixing Streets - Measure S
Transportation Demand Management
Council Meetings Video on Demand
Planning Commission Video on Demand
and much more...
City Focus Newsletter
Connect on Social Media
Building and Safety
Leasing and Property Management
Community Centers|Field Sports
Youth Camps|Activity Guide
MONTEREY SPORTS CENTER
PARKS AND BEACHES
Trees and Urban Forestry
Cemetery El Encinal
Presidio Municipal Services
Streets and Utilities
Apply For... | Pay For...
Find Information About...
Sign Up For... | Subscribe to...
Get Help With...
Neighborhood & Community Improvement Program
Monterey will celebrate 250 years all year long in 2020!
Record-setting Monterey Car Week - every August
Encouraging visitor awareness and good stewardship of the Monterey environment
Park and ride the FREE MST Trolley
Casanova Oak Knoll Park Center Group Picnic Area
Many of Monterey's beautiful parks offer group BBQ/picnic areas available for your private use. Reservations are made by purchasing a BBQ/Picnic Facility Use Permit.
It's easy – just follow the steps below:
1. View the BBQ/Picnic are listing above for a list of parks that allow jump houses/inflatables and follow the steps listed above.
2. Please call Monterey Recreation at 831.646.3866 for a current list of jump house vendors who have satisfied the City insurance requirements and are eligible to do business in City parks. Privately owned Jump Houses/Inflatables may not be used on City property.
3. Both a Jump House Permit and BBQ/Picnic Facility Use Permit are required to use a jump house/inflatable device in City parks. Jump House Permits are not available without the purchase of a BBQ/Picnic Facility Use Permit which reserves the group BBQ/Picnic area.
4. No climbing walls or water toys, e.g. waterslides or Slip 'N Slides, are allowed in the parks.
Volleyball Courts at Monterey Bay Park, Laguna Grande Park and Montecito Park are available for rental. Volleyball Court Rentals are processed at the Monterey Recreation office. You may download a BBQ/Picnic Facility Use Permit Application, fill it in completely and legibly and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or mail it to the Monterey Recreation office at 546 Dutra Street, Monterey, CA. Once we receive your application and confirm that the area is available we will process your permit and email/mail it to you.
Reservable Group BBQ/Picnic Area:
5 picnic tables, 1 medium & 1 small BBQ pit
Maximum Capacity: 50
Non-Reservable Picnic Areas:
(First Come-First Served)
3 picnic tables, 1 small BBQ pit
- Play Equipment
- Artificial Turf Volleyball Court* Requires separate permit
- Laguna Grande Artificial Turf Soccer Field* Requires separate permit.
- Bike and Walking Paths
For field permits, call Field Sports at 831.646.3969.
Group BBQ Area:
3 picnic tables, 2 small BBQ pits
Maximum Capacity: 50
Non-Reservable (First Come-First Serve) Picnic Area: 1 picnic table, 1 small BBQ pit
- Play Equipment
- Artificial Turf Volleyball Court *Requires separate permit
- Turf Area*
- Full Basketball Court
*Adult soccer by permit, call Field Sports 831-646-3969
546 Dutra Street
Monterey, CA 93940
Office: (831) 646-3866
Parks & Beaches
23 Ryan Ranch Road
City parks are open to the public daily. Please remember that no one is allowed to remain in a City park after closing hours (between 10 PM and 6 AM).
Dennis The Menace Playground: Open daily 10 a.m. to dusk. Closed on non-holiday Tuesdays, Sept. - May.
Thank you for your help and cooperation in this matter.