The City of Monterey provides a full range of burial services:
1. Site or niche selection - Our staff will assist you in selecting the type of burial site that best meets the needs of you and your family:
- Standard burial sites
- Double-depth burial sites
- Half graves (for cremations)
- Columbarium niches (single and double)
2. Interment and cremation services - You can make arrangements for the kind of burial you and your family desire.
3. Deed preparation and transferal - We will assist you with deed preparation, recording, and transfer of plot ownership.
4. Family, clergy, and mortuary coordination - Proper coordination of all burial services is a fundamental part of the City's full-service burial assistance program.
5. Graveside services - Our staff will not only take care of all the logistics for the graveside service, but will assist you and your family before, during, and immediately after the service.
6. Special ethnic ceremonial accommodations - We will work with you and your family to help you honor any special ethnic burial traditions.
7. Setting gravesite markers - After the burial service, cemetery staff will set the site marker and place flower vases as you so direct.
8. Perpetual care - The City provides perpetual care and maintenance of all grave sites and niches in order to preserve the beauty of the setting and the memory of your loved ones.
9. Payment assistance - If necessary, you can arrange payments that fit your financial needs.
10. Planning for future needs -
We can assist you with pre-planning, site selection, and any other future burial arrangements you may desire.