It is illegal to:
- Lend your DP placard to another person. DP placards are not transferable
- Forge a physician’s signature to obtain a DP placard
- Use someone else’s DP placard
- Possess or display a counterfeit placard
- Provide false information to obtain a placard
- Alter a placard or a placard identification card
Per the California Vehicle Code, abuse of a DP placard may result in cancellation and revocation of the placard, including loss of all privileges it provides. California Vehicle Code §§ 1825, 4461, 4463, 21458, 22511.5, 22511.6, 22511.7, 22511.55, and 22511.59. Business and Professions Code §13660.