The Municipal Wharf II was constructed in 1926 at a cost of $262,000.
It is the eastern most structure in Monterey Harbor. Facilities located on Wharf II include five wholesale fish companies, a commercial abalone farm, public restrooms, snack bar, restaurants, boat hoist and the Monterey Peninsula Yacht Club. The Yacht club has a private dock and offers limited reciprocal berthing. Contact the Yacht Club at (831) 372-9686 for more information.
Commercial Dive Charters depart from the "Yellow Boat Dock" on the West side of Wharf II outside the Marina's protective sea wall.
Pump out stations are located on the West side of Wharf II on the "Yellow Boat Dock" and in the Marina on the A-Extension Dock.
A 700-foot fishing promenade extends out from Wharf II and covers the protective sea wall on the East side of the Marina. Anglers may fish from the East side of the wharf. A fishing license is not required for sport fishing from a public pier or wharf in California. No fishing is allowed around the commercial facilities and in the marina for safety reasons. These areas are clearly posted "No Fishing." Metered parking is available on the promenade.
A recent addition to Wharf II was a 3-ton, token operated, public boat hoist. The hoist is available 24-hours a day 7-days. Users must complete a short instruction brief with the Harbor staff before they are allowed to operate the hoist.
To the East of Wharf II is Del Monte Beach. Kayaks may be rented and launched from the beach; introductory classes and rental wet suits are available.